Thursday, January 15, 2009

48 hours makes a big difference....

After the Goofy Challenge, my legs felt pretty good....great actually. I was walking around and it did not feel like I had run almost 40 miles. Running was a different story. I headed to the Y to jump on the treadmill on Tuesday and felt like crud. I struggled to maintain a 10 minute mile and finally hit the big red stop button after 1.1 miles. It felt brutal and I just decided to end it and give my legs a couple more days rest. Today...went to the Y and jumped on the same treadmill and felt great. I started my 800m repeats, though I only did 2....I made the decision to limit myself to no more than that before I started. I did those at an 8-minute pace and it felt very easy. I have tried to do these at much faster paces, but once I get over 5 repeats, the legs crash and I can never work my way up to 10....so an 8 minute pace for me is a nice conservative approach and we will see how it feels when I get to the 8th or 9th one. Finished the 2 repeats and then did a ladder to finish of my run. I have some time before the Olathe Marathon so hopefully I can get some nice quality interval work in....

1 comment:

RunToTheFinish said...

you people are crazy! doesn't 40 miles earn you like a week of rest so you don't kill your muscles, says the girl who knows not what a rest day looks like